Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday US of A!


Is there a better way to celebrate the nation's birthday than with a family trip to one of America's natural wonders?  I don't think so!  We started out at Bob's house (sister-in-law Pat's father), just blocks from the Waldo Canyon fire evacuation zone.

Brother Tom and sister-in-law Pat

Pat's father Bob is 98 years young

Tom took a picture of me as I took a picture of him!

Then we were off to one of my favorite places - Garden of the Gods.


I love this park because it's absolutely spectacular, and because people of all ages and fitness levels can enjoy it.  Want to drive through?  You can do that.  Want to take a leisurely stroll?  You can do that.  You can take a hike or rock climb too.

We opted for a leisurely stroll.
Many of the rock formations have names.
The one at skyline and just to the right of Pat's head is called
Kissing Camels.
  
Can you spot the rock climber?


Cathedral Valley

After our trip to the Garden of the Gods, we went to a local brew pub.  Pat's brother Mike joined us for an evening of stories and laughs.  What a fun day.

Blogger made me crazy today.  The pictures I really wanted to post showed up sideways!  So frustrating!  And spell check isn't working, and we all know I can't spell!  Grrrr.

7 comments:

Dreaming said...

Ah, you forgot to mention that you can ride a horse around the park, too!
I love Garden of the Gods and I am so thankful it was spared from the fire.
Blogger did the sideways picture thing to me, too. I found out you can edit your pictures even once you have uploaded them. When you upload your photos they go into a Picasa web album. You can search for Picasa and it should give you the option of going to your web album. Once there, you can click on your picture and then click the Actions tab. One of the options is to Edit in Creative Kit. That's where you can rotate your image. Then, when you want to upload it to a post in Blogger, select "From Picasa Web Albums" on the left side to be able to find your image. It sounds confusing, but it really isn't!

Inger said...

First, Bob is the best looking, youngest looking 98-year old I've ever seen. Not that I have met that many, but still, he looks just great! I love the rocks, so beautiful. And I had trouble with Blogger yesterday, it saved my writing, but a message that it didn't save kept popping up. And I couldn't check anything in Preview. I think it has worked itself out today.Sorry you are having problems. Thanks to Dreaming for the advice to fix these upside down images that I get sometimes too.

Ruth said...

Wow!! gorgeous photos! Your header is amazing.

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Love Garden of the Gods! What a perfect way to celebrate the holiday.

Agreed with Inger about Bob - we should all hope to be so vital through our later years. :)

Texan said...

And the picture of you? :O) Lovely sites for sure :O)
Brother Tom looks to have a happiness about him :O)

Cindi said...

GOG wonderful, beautiful place, thanks for sharing...miss seeing em everyday! (((hugs)

sonia a. mascaro said...

Happy 4th July!
Sounds you all had a great time.
Garden of the Gods looks gorgeous.