Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Lovely Russian Ladies

Diana and Bob brought out their Borzoi, Hannah and Gossamer, for a visit.  At first, the dogs were a bit cautious.  Mickey made sure he was between his human and the lovely Russian ladies. 

Mickey, me, Gossamer and Hannah
                                                      photo by Diana

Gossamer is the perfect name.

Bob and Diana co-own yet another lovely Russian lady, Finessa.  She is 1 of 5 Borzoi invited to compete at the Westminster Dog Show, and she is the #1 female Borzoi in the nation.  I always watch Westminster on tv, so I am very excited about the show, and hope to see her on tv. 


14 comments:

Sharon said...

Beautiful! Gossamer is the prefect name for her.

Lori Skoog said...

Gorgeous ladies...to be sure. Please remind me when it is time for the Westminster Show so I can watch Finessa.

Ruth said...

They are impressive looking dogs :)

JJ said...

What gorgeous girls those Borzois are! How exciting about Finessa! I hope she does very well :)

fromsophiesview said...

What a fitting name...G O S S A M E R...just like she is floating...definitely will watch the Dog Show....so exciting!!

Dreaming said...

They are so stately looking. Love 'em!
The picture of Gossamer is spectacular.
Yeah, Mickey. You take care of mom!!

Once Upon an Equine said...

They are beautiful dogs; they look so delicate and refined. Love the picture of Gossamer. Mickey is adorable, staking claim on you.

Dom said...

I love Borzois. Gossamer really is the perfect name.

Funder said...

Sighthounds are so elegant! What a treat for them to visit.

Jim said...

These are such magnificent looking dogs! Yes, we will be watching out for her!
Oh, Mickey you are too!

Janet said...

I can see why her name suits her so much-She looks like she is wearing a mohair jumper ! what a beauty !

Inger said...

Yes, please remind us of the Westminster dog Show. Now that I have TV, I definitely want to watch and I will look out for Finessa. The picture of Gossamer is so gorgeous.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

How gorgeous, and such long-legged elegant creatures.
~Jo

Texan said...

Beautiful doggies. Mickey was such a find... To answer your question on my blog, I am struggling with the situation as you are so well aware of how that goes. I was going to email you to talk a bit but I can't find your email.