Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Jan's Lesson

I'm a little behind;  this is from Friday.  Jan and I lunged each other on Lakota, no stirrups, no reins.  Then after we were exhausted from that, Jan had a lesson on Elvis.  We really like her instructor Shannon. 
Shannon's a very positive, upbeat person.  Her horse, Viva Las Vegas, has the same sire as Jan's horse Elvis. 

Here are couple of clips from Jan's lesson.  The first one is shoulder-in.  It's 22 seconds long for folks who just want a glimpse at horse and rider.


The second clip is longer for us hard-core horse folks.  It's leg yield, 10m circle, shoulder-in, haunches-in, half-pass.  Jan and Elvis make it look easy.



13 comments:

Sharon said...

Nothing prettier than a horse or horse and rider in motion!

Louise said...

Sigh, I needed to watch that. I get horse starved in the winter. What a pleasure it is to see a horse and rider in harmony. Jan and Elvis are a lovely, lovely pair.

Lori Skoog said...

Loved both videos...it is no wonder that they do so well in their dressage tests.

Years ago, when I took classical dressage lessons we used to work on haunches in, shoulder in and counter shoulder in regularly. Berlin has been on a vacation from hard work for so long, we both would have to go into rehab to do things correctly.

I've always been back yard, but still wanted to learn all that stuff (not that I looked anything like Jan on Elvis). Ahhhh, the old days.

JJ said...

Very pretty :~)

Rising Rainbow said...

I love watching a good combo of horse and rider. Very Pretty!

Janet said...

You are right !-Jan and Elvis do make it look easy-I use to struggle to master the half pass-to me its like trying to rub your tummy and pat your head at the same time ! loved those videos thank you !

Tracey said...

Beautiful! Very talented...xxxxxxxxxx

Jim said...

That was magnificent to watch....so graceful and deliberate.

in2paints said...

*drool* !!

Horse and rider look absolutely stunning.

Dom said...

OMG... Viva Las Vegas... Elvis!!! I love it. Also love the dog in the first photo ;)

allhorsestuff said...

Awesome work you guys...on the lunge!I love that stuff!
And those two.beautiful! The instructor is neat, and has such a soothing voice &style about her. Wonderful, thanks!
KK

John Going Gently said...

looking at tese, I wish I could ride....ask janet I used to look like a bag of spuds on a horse

JJ said...

Hey Terry - You won, you won, you won! Just wanted to let you know ;). When you get a chance, let me konw which magazine you'd like. If you don't like the ones listed, let me know if there's another that you'd like. My e-mail is: jennybean79@gmail.com/