Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Drive Before the Storm

Yesterday was in the 50s, but a glance at the sky made it clear that change was on the way.
Bob and Boomer drove Jan and I down to neighbor Chuck's.  I wanted to check out the new pasture  Chuck's fencing in for his stud colt.  (You can still be a nosy neighbor even if your neighbors are a mile down the road!)  It's looking good.

Here's Boomer turning into our driveway on the way home.  That horse can turn on a dime.  Left to right, it's Jan, Bob and me in the two-person cart.  It's not crowded when you're having fun.

Ah, but that was yesterday.  Today it's 18F and snowing.

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks like a nice little drive! Nope today would not be good. Sure got cold fast didn't it? Our snow isn't here yet, some time tonight.

Stay warm!

Tracey said...

ooh, what I would give to see your place (& you!) in reality....gorgeous! xxx

Lori Skoog said...

If you just had a bigger cart...I would love to have gone on that ride!

Texan said...

I bet that was fun! I just love seeing pictures of Boomer! He certainly has "bad boy" in a good way stamped all over him doesn't he!

I bet all the other horses have little bumper stickers that say, "I wanna be a Boomer when I grow up" tee hee

Louise said...

What a great way to get around. I love your Boomer entries! Nice to see him out and about.

JJ said...

I admit it, I'm totally jealous!! LOL. Boomer looks so nice and fuzzy and that looked like such a blast to drive on down the road. I'm glad you had a good time!!

John Going Gently said...

That first photo!
you could be jean simmons driving her rig in THE BIG COUNTRY!!!

Rising Rainbow said...

Here it's freezing and getting colder with snow coming tomorrow but then the following day somewhere near the 50s. You wanna bet that doesn't last long and we'll be plummeting again. Weird, is all I can say! Yours and mine

Jim said...

Terry, your location is so tranquil.....like a step back in time. A huge storm is heading our way tomorrow.......coming up the eastern seaboard.How was your storm? Gotta love it!

fromsophiesview said...

Who cares if it's fr-e-e-e-e-z-i-n-g when you're having the best of times!

Inger said...

That horse is so adorable -- I feel like I just want to give him a big hug.--Inger

ipcpack said...

Wow it is really great to see such beautiful blog Thanks Blogging! for sharing Keep Blogging!! insulation blankets