Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Award (ss)

Hey, I got an award!!!  It's my first award, and I got it three times in one day!  Thank you, friend Becca at http://rlilbitofcash.blogspot.com/.  Becca's blog is all about her pretty paint mare Lilly and her quarter horse gelding AJ.  Becca is the best owner in the world, unless you count me.  Then it's a tie.  Thank you, "A Horse and a Half" at http://onthebit.wordpress.com/.  This blog chronicles another great owner, doing her best for her retired OTTB while pursuing other riding options.  The passion to ride is strong, even when circumstances are less than ideal.  And thank you Mare at http://simplyhorse-crazy.blogspot.com/.  This is a really fun blog written by a teenage girl, in love with her pretty pinto mare Missy.  Mare works at a stable, just like I did for my first horse.  It will be fun following their adventures.

So the rules for this award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

I could list seven horsey things about myself, but I'll try to restrain myself!
1.  I lived on Kwajalein Marshall Islands for 5 years.
2.  I'm a really good swimmer (see 1.)
3.  I miss my mother every day.  She passed away in 2004 after a long illness, but I acutely miss her.
4.  I just can't eat a land animal, but I have no problem eating fish.  This makes no sense, even to me.
5.  A little bit of my career involved helicopter work.  I really liked buzzing around in a little bubble-front helicopter.
6.  I married my high school sweetheart (quite a while after high school!).  We started our life together with an old VW bug, a dog, a bike, a foot locker mostly full of books, a little bit of camping equipment, and nothing else.  I wouldn't change that time for anything.
7.  I've driven racing Standardbreds, both trotters and pacers.  Oops!  I'm back to horses again.

So now for 15 great blogs.  Well, they are all great blogs, or we wouldn't be reading them, would we???  I'm listing the blogs on my sidebar, minus the ones that have this award, and minus the ones that it would be a burden to.  I need to update my sidebar and add more favorites.  So in most-recently-posted order, we have -

13 comments:

Dom said...

I've been seeing you featured everywhere so it's cool to see who you feature :) I work with standardbreds so it's neat to meet someone else who has jogged. I think fish are awful so your logic makes perfect sense to me. Haha.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your award!

That island had to be a bit of heaven - it looks like a horse shoe :-)

I have never been in a helicopter, although I might like to take a little flight, just for fun.

Have a good night!

in2paints said...

Are you sure I don't come in slightly ahead? You know, just a little, teeny bit? :)

I really enjoyed reading the 7 things you posted about yourself. That's been my favorite part of this Stylish Blogger Award. We know a lot of horsey things about each other, but not too much else.

I need to update my sidebar too!

Alison said...

Oh, well, look at that! Congrats on your awardseses, lol!

Love that picture of the Beetle; it's really evocative of those days.

Janet said...

Hi Terry ! I would love to hear more about no 6 !
My first ever job was on a stud farm which bred trotting horses-it was called Saunders stud !

thank you for all your support and comments-Andrew is doing ok xx

Jim said...

Your 'start' together sounds so familiar Terry! Were they not the BEST of times?! Everything was so simple and straight-forward. I like now too.
Thanks for the award/mention. I am happy you enjoy reading about life here in Nova Scotia.
And, 'drumroll please!', congrats on your THREE Awards! How good are you?!
Am I supposed to do something now? on my blog?

JJ said...

Congrats on your award, Terry! you've led quite a life so far, I see!!! I can't believe you lived on that beautiful island. Would you ever go back? Well, then again...now you live on a GORGEOUS farm :)

fromsophiesview said...

Now if you put out your hand I'll award you with my soft/fluffy paw. Aren't you the sweetest horse/person in the world...Congrats on your awards. Imagine 3!

Funder said...

Oh man, living on a tiny Pacific atoll has always been a dream of mine! I'm sure it wasn't 100% paradise, but still, how cool!

You are stealing my idea for passing the award on. I'm going to do my bloglist too. ;)

allhorsestuff said...

WOWSA! Very cool..your first award-excellent!
Not your last though!
I loved all your life facts...that is one small island- whoa- made me nervious to look at that shot even...water and me..nope!
Bless your heart...your love is felt by your mom-still-I have a feeling!
Funny too about the land animals and fish.
Ohwa! Your sweetheart and a dog and a Volks!
We owned 3 Volks in our early marraige...who didn't own a Volks?

THANKS FOR THE AWARD!! You'll get me back here bloggin...been having some doldrums of late.
onward to read the other post you mentioned on my comments Terry!

Louise said...

Thanks so much for the award, Terry. I really appreciate that you thought of me.

Just look at all of the adventures that you have had in your life. What a beautiful island that is. I can see why you learned to swim well, haha.

Liesl said...

Hi Terry,congrats on your award! Stunning island,where is it? Enjoy your riding! I have just recently started training our endurance horses again for the new season. We have 5 horses on the track this year!

sandy said...

Fun reading about you!