Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Callie had a Bad Day

My little Callie cat isn't feeling so good.  I woke up at 4:00 to find her vomiting.  She kept being sick, so I took her into our vet as soon as they opened.  They put her on anti-nausea medication and gave her fluids.  The result of her blood work is mixed.  Her numbers for her kidney and liver functions are fine, but her white blood cell count is low.  Her vet called this evening, and Callie seems to be feeling much better.  She should be coming home tomorrow.

5 comments:

Louise said...

Oh, I hope that Callie is ok. Is your vet going to track why the white blood cell count is low? It's so hard when our critters get sick, especially because they can't tell us how they feel.

Terry said...

Thanks, Louise. The good news is that they think she has a viral infection, like a kitty flu. The bad news is she didn't get to come home today (Thursday) as planned. Her temperature is elevated and she won't eat. I'm hoping for better things tomorrow.

in2paints said...

Poor Callie... I was hoping she was be able to go home today. Hopefully she's feeling better soon!

allhorsestuff said...

Hi Terry,
I popped on over after you visited.
I am sorry to hear of Callie. My mom had a Manx named "Cali cat"...after the celebrated jumping frog from of Calliveris Co.
I hope she does come home...they fare so much better, in their homes with their people!
She sounds as though she has an infection of sorts.
Nice to meet you...will be back!
KK

John Going Gently said...

been there recently

I do hope she is better for you!!!
just caught up with your blogs
x