Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Blame David

At the beginning of the month, I whined about how March is Colorado's snowiest month.  Well, this year we are having the driest March on record!  The days are warm and dry, and the riding surface is completely thawed out.  I've started Paj back to work.  So far, this is the easiest transition he's ever made from winter pasture puff to dressage horse.  I am thrilled with him.   

Since we're getting some regular work on the horses, David is putting the little railing for the arena back up.  


We take it down for the winter because it's in one of the pastures, and we don't want any of the horses blundering into it if it's under snow.  So is this like washing your car and making it rain?  If David puts the arena up, will we get 3' of snow? 
 

10 comments:

Dreaming said...

Uh oh. You have a point there. Now I'm worried!
(But I'm going to enjoy the weather while we have it, regardless!!)

Lori Skoog said...

The arena looks fabulous! I say go for it.

Mare said...

Every time you post pictures, I can't get over how FLAT it is where you live. Granted, this is coming from someone who lives in the Mountain State...It's nearly impossible to find that much flat land in one place around here.

Once Upon an Equine said...

I'm hoping Mother Nature will compromise with David and send us a light, soaking rain instead of snow.

I don't want our spring snows, but I get worried about drought when it gets this dry.

Ruth said...

I love your arena :) Fingers crossed you don't get any more snow.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Looks like a nice arena, fingers crossed you get some rain !
Lovely blue skies...
~Jo

Alison said...

I'm sure the Denver area wouldn't mind a solid dump of snow soon! Then they can thank Dave!

Jim said...

OK! Let's blame David if it snows!! Poor guy, probably is getting used to this!

in2paints said...

It seems like the arena will beg for snow, but I hope you don't get any. I'm glad you're able to get out there and ride Mr Paj!

Texan said...

I hope you dont get 3' foot of snow lol.. Its been pretty mild all around it seems this winter.