Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Elvis Has Left the Building

On the first of November, Jan and John moved Elvis to a fancy-schmancy dreassage barn so that we could ride him in an indoor arena over the winter.  It was a lovely barn, but it turned out to be a bit too fancy-schmancy.  We didn't know it when we moved in, and it wasn't in the boarding contract, but all boarders are required to either have their horses in training ($$$$$) with one of the trainers there, or take 2 lessons a week ($$$$) with one of the trainers.  Neither Jan or I wanted that for ourselves or Elvis, so we moved Elvis on the first of December.

The new barn is working out great for us.  It's not as modern as the fancy barn, but the people are nice, the care is good, and the indoor is immense.

That little dot at the far end is Jan and Elvis

The outdoor arena has a beautiful view of the front range, and I'm just itching to ride in it...as soon as it warms up 40 degrees or so.  There are about 20 horses, and it's a quiet barn.  Yesterday I had the indoor all to myself, and today it was just Jan and me.

Jan and Elvis

Another nice thing about this barn is that if we need the barn manager, Deb, we know where she lives - right next to Moondance Ranch!

Our view of Deb's ranch

9 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

How perfect is that. Too bad you didn't go there to begin with. What a beautiful indoor!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Absolutely impressive !
I used to ride indoors, but the arena was nowhere near as large as this one.
How very lucky ....
~Jo

Ruth said...

Sounds like a great barn. the indoor arena looks awesome :)
Elvis looks great :)

Liesl said...

Yip,that is just what I need here..I shall just pick up the phone and contact someone to come and build one just like that for me!! Ha ha...This is wonderful Terry,to have use of such great facilities!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

Sounds like the perfect set up! What a beautiful indoor and a beautiful view (and a beautiful frame on Elvis). I had a horse in one of those fancy full training barns once - it about drove me to bankruptcy!

Texan said...

That looks like a real nice place. Its huge!

Kate said...

I love the vistas in your area.

Jim said...

Look at that open range! I can hear the wind! No wonder you are so hardy!! lol
That barn is HUGE alright!

allhorsestuff said...

My!! That arena is HUGE-O!! Very good that you moved the Gorgeous Elvis...the other too uppity stable with mandatory lessons and training sounded too-too! I do NOT care for madatory anything- at stables!Unless it's common sence!

KK