Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Graduate, aka The Pirate King, and Thanks


Mickey has been a great little student.  I try to make his practices short and fun.  He doesn't like toys, so we always end with a rousing game of pirate.  I wind him up by singing a few bars of "The Pirate King" from The Pirates of Penzance, Kevin Klien version.  He knows what's coming!  The "go" word is Arrrgg and the "stop" word is Stop.  I should have come up with something more pirate-y than stop, but hey, we're having fun.  I give you The Pirate King, Mickey version -

Thank you, Ruffles at Just a Girl and Her Horse, Mare at Simply Horse Crazy and Dreaming at Living a Dream for honoring me with the lovely blog award.

I'm going to bend the award rules a little.  You're supposed to tell 7 things about yourself and pass the award on to 15 people.  I did that not too long ago, (click here), so instead I'd like to tell you a little bit about the lovely ladies that sent me the award. 

Ruffles is a young lady on the other side of the world - New Zealand!  She's a hard worker on the family dairy farm, and she has 2 lovely horses.  She dreams of being a trainer someday.  She's doing a great job on her own horses, so she's well on her way. 

Like Ruffles, Mare is 16 years old.  She has a lovely mare named Missy, and she works at Missy's barn.  Mare has a real up-beat attitude, and she's always up for an adventure.  Mare and Missy are really enjoying life.

Dreaming and I are practically neighbors!  We are about 20 miles apart.  Dreaming has two Haflingers.  If you aren't familiar with the breed, they are smaller draft horses with huge personalities.  Oh, and they're palomino!  How fun is that?  Sometimes Doc and Pippin take over her blog.

Thank you, Ruffles, Mare and Dreaming!


11 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations, Mickey! Good Boy!
That was fun!

Janet said...

Well done Mickey- lovely to see him letting off steam-I`m impressed -he is very obedient and such a lovely dog-love the way he`s looking at you in the first picture !

John Going Gently said...

first bloody snow!!!!!!
bloody hell

Texan said...

Oh my that was fun to watch, Mickey was having so much fun! He does very well when you tell him to stop!

Snow already! :O)

fromsophiesview said...

Now who`s a good boy...why Mickey is!!!

Jim said...

That was fun!
Congrats on the awards!!!

Dreaming said...

The game you play with Mickey is wonderful. I love how he stops on command. What a good guy! The certificate is cute. I like the disclaimer!
It was fun reading about myself...oh, and of course, my boys!

Ruth said...

What a good boy Mickey :)
he's such a nice dog.
No worries. ;)

ted and bunny said...

hiya Terry- thanks for your good idea re Bruces mane- as soon as its long enough I'll plait it over

Have a good week
x

Christmas-etc... said...

What a great blog you have! Dogs, horses, cats, humans...and even snow! What could be better?! so happy to have found you and...to be following along!

Louise said...

What a cool dog he is. You two look like you are having so much fun together.