Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Elvis Gets a Job

Yipee!  Friend Jan can resume her riding in August.  That means vacation is over for her beautiful horse Elvis.  Jan has been lunging him a bit, and today I got on him.  First Jan gave him a quick lunge, then she gave us both a quick lunge, and then she turned us loose.  Elvis had not been ridden since the middle of March, and I had never ridden him, so the day's objective was just to have a soft and relaxed little ride.  Yay!  What a good boy.  He was relaxed and rhythmic, and completely tuned in to his rider.  Jan and I are happy campers.



6 comments:

Louise said...

You look great together, and I'm very happy that Jan will soon be able to ride again. You may not want to give him up, though.

Lori Skoog said...

That had to be a good experience for all three of you! Yay is right.

Funder said...

Oh, he does look relaxed and happy! But that clank when you whacked the round pen with your foot gave me the heebie jeebies - that's my worst irrational horse fear.

JJ said...

Elvis looks like a blast to ride and you look nice and relaxed up there on him! I bet Jan will be glad to get back in the saddle :)

Texan said...

Giddy up! :O).

in2paints said...

He looks amazing!! :)