Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good News, Bad News

We finally dried out enough for the sand trucks to get back in and finish the arena.  The footing is very good!  It took 11 loads of crusher fines and 8 loads of sand.  We were really glad we put in 16' gates.


The bad news is that I got bucked off, first ride in our new arena!  Boo!  I just got carried away; I was so happy to be really riding again.  I told myself Paj and I would just do a little arena orientation on the first day.  And so we started walking around the track, then across the diagonals.  That went so well, we picked up a trot and added 20 meter circles.  Paj offered a nice big canter and I let him.  It was round and soft and exuberant.  A little too exuberant; the next instant I was sailing through the air.  You'd think I'd know better, but like I said, I just got carried away.  It's the first time in 24 years I've been bucked off.  What I really feel bad about (besides being an idiot) is causing David so much extra work doing all the chores solo for a bit.  Oh boo.

10 comments:

Funder said...

Oh no! Hope you're not too badly hurt and you're back scrubbing troughs in no time... Wait, that doesn't sound too encouraging! ;)

Java's Mom said...

WHAT!!! I hope you are not hurt badly, please let us know! So, where is the photo of your imprint in the new footing...

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!

in2paints said...

Oh my gosh!! I hope you're not hurt too badly. With any luck, all that new sand cushioned your fall and you'll be feeling back to normal in no time!

Louise said...

Adding my hopes that you're not too badly hurt. Hopefully, the new arena made a nice, soft place to land. Please do let us know how you're feeling.

Louise said...

Terry, you asked what the name of the lake was that is featured on my new header. That is Honeoye Lake. It is one of the smaller Finger Lakes. The lake that the swans were on is Lake Ontario, one of the Great Lakes. I love both the Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario, but, there is something about the size and majesty of Ontario that really speaks to me. However, I couldn't get all of Ontario into one camera shot. ;-D

Terry said...

OK, true confession time. I really am fine, but I have a few teeny-tiny fractures. The only concern is my clavicle, which has a fracture right at the end of the bone. Oh boo.

AJ-OAKS said...

Glad you weren't hurt too bad. Well, hey, look at it this way, your arena has been officially broke in! :)
I remember so well when we put our arena in. What a job! Didn't realize there were so many factors into doing it. But well worth it all.

Java's Mom said...

a few teeny tiny FRACTURES! Terry! Please get well soon. Hope you are not in too much pain.

Zanzibah Alpacas said...

Oh Dear !....hope your soon recovered ! I fell off after about 26 years...it really brings you back down to earth with a bump !..mind you, soft landing on your lovely new arena....what a way to christnen it !!!..............Jayne