Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Weekend - Dog Agility and Weaving Workshop


Saturday
I watched my friend Lottie compete with Dusty in agility.




They have such a strong bond.  Dusty is a nine year old Belgian Malinois.  In another year or so, Dusty will retire from agility and pass the torch to his best buddy Sambuca.


Buca is a 1 year old Springer Spaniel.  Lottie is waiting to compete with him until he's 2 to protect his young joints.  He came to the show to soak up the atmosphere.


And the treats, of course.

Mickey and I tried agility some time ago, but it was not popular.  No no no.  Mickey pretty much hated it, and that's fine with me. 


Sunday

The weaving workshop went well.  With only 4 students, Judy had plenty of time to keep us on track.  We were all at about the same level (whew), so that helped a lot.  Judy would present a technique, then turn us loose.  We would do our own weaving and then check out what everyone had done.  It was really interesting to see different ideas using the same technique.  

I'll spare you a blow-by-blow of the entire warp, but here's a snippet of two I'm looking forward to using.


The top one is called Mexican Leno, and the bottom is Leno.  You could use one of these techniques to add a little embellishment to the edge of a napkin, etc.  Of course you would want to do much finer work than we did in class.  It was fun, and I learned a lot.



8 comments:

Cindi said...

your weaving looks beautiful. great job

Em Parkinson said...

The weaving is beautiful - so simple, although I doubt it was actually simple to do!

Cricket said...

Our pups are half malinios. We thought about flyball for Skittle since she is so fast and loves to run, but she scares sooooo easily that it was a massive fail.

Texan said...

How fun for the pups!!

If we lived closer I would so get you to help me master this loom I have! :O)

Kate said...

I love the new weaving skills. SO pretty!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I always love the pictures of your beautiful furry friends :)

Inger said...

Such beautiful dogs.

Jim said...

I think Sophie would feel the same way about agility training as Mickey did, Terry. She would much sooner meet all the humans there!
Interesting weave, the Leno and the Mexican Leno. It must be a good feeling when you see the progress you are making and can see the patterns turning out.