Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Carriage Parade

David, Bob and Diana took Boomer to the Christmas Carriage Parade this weekend.  Bob and Diana are our friends, and Boomer's humans.  I have a minor case of the sniffles, so I opted to stay home and horse sit.  David took pictures for me.

Boomer relaxed on the trailer in the staging area.  He grabs a chunk of hay, dunks it in his water bucket, chews a while, repeats.  His water bucket is a huge trash can.  Hey, he's a big boy!













While Boomer played, Diana worked on the surrey.

There were big horses,

little horses,

and everything in between.



This horse has awfully long ears, lol!

At last it was time to drive down Main Street!

Was Boomer tired after his big day?
He beat Ben by a length in the nightly dinner race.

To visit Fundy Blue's blog and see the great parade photos she posted, click here

Dreaming volunteered at the parade and hosted an open house afterward.  Brave woman.  To see her photos, click here



14 comments:

Fundy Blue said...

Hey Terry! I think I guessed which one was Boomer! Sorry to hear that you have the sniffles. Can you believe it? I have them too? Feel better!

in2paints said...

Gorgeous!! I love that your town is so horsey! We don't have horses in our parade. :(

Feel better!!

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I've had the sniffles for a week now. Grrrr. Hope you feel better soon.

A Normandy kitchen said...

Wow, now that's a parade! Loving all the horses and coaches/traps - really special. Sorry you didn't get to go. Stay warm and get well soon!!
Have a good week.
Ivan

Alison said...

I wonder if Boomer would prefer some hot chocolate or coffee for his dunking?

I love the donkey cart! Er, the long-eared horse cart. :)

Wolfie said...

Love the variety of horses in this parade. I do have a soft spot for the big guys though. :-) Hope you feel better soon.

Ruth said...

How cool :)! Love all the photos.

Dream Valley Ranch said...

What beautiful horses and carriages! Boomer and Ben are SO adorable! I hope you feel better soon! (Ps-I keep laughing at that trash can!!)

sonia a. mascaro said...

I am sorry you have the sniffles, but I hope you are fine now.

The parede sounds just amazing.
And David took great photos!

PS: About the Copan building, I agree with you, those curves are amazing! But I wouldn't want to live in such a huge building... I prefer to live in a house.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Ah! Love your new banner!

Thanks for the links, I wil check it out soon.

Jim said...

We knew Boomer when we saw him! He and Ben are magnificent horses! Would have loved to have seen the parade 'live' but this and Louise's posts were just like being there! Thanks.

Kay G. said...

I loved this parade. What a great header photo you have here. Makes me wish I could be in Colorado!
Hope you are feeling better now. xx

Anonymous said...

It's great day for horses. They look all beautiful with their carriages. Thanks for sharing those lovely photos. Get well soon.

allhorsestuff said...

Fantastic shots David did get...he's super at it!Great parade and looks like though cold, the weather was with all.
So hope your sniffles are over and thigs are good for you!
Boomer is the best sort!
KK